Location is vital for most musicians, and BIMM London is situated right at the heart of the music scene. There are thousands of opportunities on our doorstep, thanks to an energetic live scene and music industry connections. More than half of the music industry in England is based in London!
Below, you will find basic information about studying at BIMM Institute. Our other pages provide you with information about study programs, student life in London, accommodation, and the application process.
Whether it’s learning inside the classroom, in a studio, on stage or at a festival, BIMM provides students with all the opportunities they need to achieve their goals through connecting and interacting with the music industry in real-world scenarios.
1. BIMM London is the study centre for around 1650 Students from over 50 different countries.
2. Networking: Working life is based around working with others - friends, band members, colleagues or even strangers. The music industry is heavily based on making contacts and networking!
3. The BIMM album is a compilation of 10-15 of the best tracks submitted by BIMM London students. The album is distributed widely. It is our students chance to make a master recording with top producers and experience the A&R process first hand with our artist development team.
4. Career Advice and Guidance: At BIMM you will get a special connectivity to the music industry with unique work-based learning opportunities within the industry, such as internships and work placements. Recent masterclasses have included: Robert Trujilo (Metalica), Nick Mason (Pink Floyd) and Ed O’Brien (Radiohead)
5. The ’Careers and Industry Hub’ plays host to some of the most exciting guests the music industry has to offer. Whether it’s a talk by a global media giant, a specialist networking event or coffee with a cool independent artist, BIMM endeavour to give students the best career-centric experience possible.
6. Live Experience: As well as in the classroom, BIMM students have the opportunity to participate in regular live concerts and showcases held around London
7. Song Circles offers budding singer- songwriters the opportunity to showcase their tunes in an intimate environment with an audience of song lovers, fellow students and musicians and possibly even some industry guests.
8. Exclusive Festival Partnerships: In 2015, over 1.100 BIMM students helped to set up, run and perform at music festivals throughout the UK and Europe.
9. 77% of graduates are working within six months of leaving BIMM.
10. BIMM graduates include James Bay, The Kooks, Izzy Bizu, Ed Drewitt (Songwriter -One Direction, Olly Murs, Little Mix), Jordan Whitmore (A&R Atlantic Records) and Natasha Bent (Coda Music Agency - Take That, Disclosure, The Prodigy, Jess Glynne, Bastille, Ellie Goulding and Imagine Dragons).
How can KILROY help me study at BIMM Institute?
KILROY offers free student counselling, and we'll assist you all the way from the very first questions to the application process, and finally your arrival at BIMM. Moreover, our study advisors can send you an estimated budget of your income and expenses during your studies.