Study at the William Angliss Institute
Study in the best facilities in the world in culinary, hospitality, tourism and event management training! At the William Angliss Institute you will get a world-class education as well as hands-on experience in Melbourne; the tourism, food and culture capital of Australia. Melbourne is one of the best student cities in the world and the perfect city for studying if you're looking for great universities, beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife and plenty of sunny days!
Below, you will find basic information about studying at the William Angliss Institute. Our other pages provide you with information about study programs, accommodation, student life in Melbourne and the application process.
Why should I study at the William Angliss Institute?
- At the William Angliss Institute you will receive expert teaching and hands-on experience in first-class facilities that will enable you to become a leader in your chosen field.
- William Angliss Institute's main campus is located in the heart of Melbourne, the leading student city in Australia and the second best student city in the world (QS, 2015).
- The university has great industry connections and can provide students with exciting work experience at major events in Melbourne and Sydney.
- The William Angliss Institute holds a strong global reputation.
- For 75 years the William Angliss Institute has delivered specialist education and innovative training in the food, hospitality and tourism industries.
- The university works hand in hand with governments and industry leaders, tailoring the courses and training to their ever-evolving needs.
- As a dedicated trainer for the foods, hospitality and tourism industries, William Angliss contributes to the highest graduation outcomes in Australia.
- Graduates from the Institute are leaders in their fields and highly sought after.
What can I study at William Angliss Institute?
Study programs at William Angliss Institute are diverse. As a graduate you may become a spa resort manager, executive chef, event manager, tour guide, pastry chef or run your own nightclub or restaurant. If you are looking for an international career in an exciting and growing industry, this may be the right place for you to study.
Here are few examples of specialised programs at the William Angliss Institute. Please contact our study advisors for further information about available courses.
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Beauty Therapy
- Culinary Management
- Retail Baking
- Event Management
- Commercial Cookery
- Food science & technology
- Meat Processing
The William Angliss Institute has some impressive awards
- The Victorian International Education Awards for Excellence in International Education - 2013
- The Victorian Training Awards - 2013
- The Australian Event Awards - 2013
- The ASPA Awards of Excellence for Best Spa Education Institute - 2013
- The Service Skills Australia Excellence Award for Industry Collaboration - 2012
- In 1998 the William Angliss Institute was inducted into the Victorian Tourism Awards Hall of Fame.
William Angliss Institute has seen numerous celebrity chefs it its kitchens, including Karen Martini (chef, restaurateur, writer and TV presenter), and Shannon Bennett (author, chef and owner of Three Hat Restaurant, Vue de Monde), both of whom completed their training at the La Trobe Street campus in Melbourne. Alumni and respected restaurateurs return regularly to the Institute to work with apprentices.
Fun Facts about the William Angliss Institute
- 19,500 students enroll at William Angliss Institute each year, including both local and international students, on campus and industry-based students.
- Number of international students: over 1,300
- Number of campuses: 2, Melbourne & Sydney
How can KILROY help me study in Melbourne?
KILROY offers free student counselling, and we'll assist you all the way from the very first questions about studying in Melbourne, to the application process, to your arrival in Melbourne. Moreover, our study advisors can send you an estimated budget of your income and expenses during your studies at the William Angliss Institute. Please get in contact with our study advisors to hear more about your opportunities to study at the William Angliss Institute. We look forward to hearing from you!
Learn more about William Angliss Institute